Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh To Be Young Again...

I had the pleasure of walking my three boys to school this morning, as I do every morning that I don't have a meeting at work. The 9 year old heads quickly off to his classroom and friends. The 7 year old gives me a hug and runs off. I walk hand-in-hand with the 5 year old to his kindergarten class. I help him hang up his backpack and make sure that he is okay. He gives me a big kiss and a big hug and I'm off.

This particular morning, I bumped into a neighbor and hung out in the school-yard for a few extra minutes after the school bell rang. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice my 5 year old with a classmate holding the daily attendance list, and heading for the office. Everyday, two kids from each class gets chosen to bring the attendance list down to the office. My 5 year old had this big smile on his face. You would have thought it was Christmas morning from the beaming eminating from his face. I just stood there admiring the simple joys of a child and longed for days gone by when such a little thing as delivering an attendance list to the office brought so much joy.

Oh to be young again...

No comments: