Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Got Shot By A Cow

I just remembered that I wanted to get this thought down before I forget. My two-year old was playing with plastic animals the other day. It was going really well. He lined up the farm animals against the tiger and was having a great time. I was helping him with the battle. A bit of background here before proceeding. My wife and I don't give our boys a lot of "gun" toys, not as any big political statement, but just to teach them that you can have fun without pretending to be in a shootout. This is not the easiest thing to do when you have boys. Most toys "aimed" (pun intended) at boys have something to do with shooting. Well anyway, we were having a great time playing with the plastic animals, when my two-year old picked up the horse and the cow, one in each hand, and began to shoot me with them. 

It really is an uphill battle, even if we don't buy them toy guns, I can still get shot by a cow!

Oh well.

No comments: