Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sons grow up faster than I thought

My 2 older boys are both teenagers now.  In my old way of thinking, I thought I still had 4 to 5 years before they go off to college and leave the nest.  No one told me that when they become teenagers, they already think they are out of the nest in their mind.  How was your day?  Slight glance and shrug of the shoulder.  Anything on your mind?  "Nope."  That's about the extent of our long conversations.  It's so true that with boys, much of the communication happens side by side during a baseball game or watching sports on TV vs. face to face.  We still do lots of side by side talking.

Thank goodness that I still have my younger 2 boys.  The youngest, 6 years old, still wants me to give him a piggyback ride to bed.  He holds my hand tight as we walk to school every morning.  I am learning to really cherish those moments.

They grow up faster than I thought.

No comments: